Our mission & goals
Aiming for a world where EB is curable
EB patients should have access to effective therapies and treatments in the near future. EB Resnet is building bridges between patient advocacy groups, researchers and industry partners.
Our mission: Translating successful research into patient benefit.
In the current EB Resnet strategy (2020-2024) three strategic aims are defined:
- To support research to develop effective and safe treatments
- To develop partnerships to expand research
- To drive clinical translation and the adoption of treatments internationally
In order to achieve these goals EB Resnet is concentrating on the following activities:
- Gathering and managing funds for EB research.
- Providing funds for promising EB research on different scales (fundamental research to clinical trials) to academic partners, clinicians and/or industry partners.
- Collecting and providing information about EB research worldwide (ongoing and completed).
- Providing a platform for sharing ideas and knowledge.
- Connecting patients with industry to improve clinical trial designs and results.
- Looking for strategic partners to drive clinical translation.