Our mission & goals
Aiming for a world where EB is curable
EB patients should have access to effective therapies and treatments in the near future. EB-ResNet is building bridges between patient advocacy groups, researchers and industry partners.
Our mission: Translating successful research into patient benefit.
In the current EB-ResNet strategy (2020-2024) three strategic aims are defined:
- To support research to develop effective and safe treatments
- To develop partnerships to expand research
- To drive clinical translation and the adoption of treatments internationally
In order to achieve these goals EB-ResNet is concentrating on the following activities:
- Gathering and managing funds for EB research.
- Providing funds for promising EB research on different scales (fundamental research to clinical trials) to academic partners, clinicians and/or industry partners.
- Collecting and providing information about EB research worldwide (ongoing and completed).
- Providing a platform for sharing ideas and knowledge.
- Connecting patients with industry to improve clinical trial designs and results.
- Looking for strategic partners to drive clinical translation.