Our mission & goals
Aiming for a world in which EB is cureable
EB patients should have access to effective therapies and treatments in the near future. EB-ResNet is building bridges between patient advocacy groups, researchers and industry partners.
Our Mission: Translating successful research for patient benefit.
In the current EB-ResNet strategy (2020-2024) three strategic aims are defined:
- Support research to develop effective and safe treatments
- Develop partnerships to expand research
- Drive clinical translation and adoption of treatments internationally
In order to achieve these goals EB-ResNet is concentrating on following activities:
- Gathering and managing funds for EB research.
- Providing funds for promising EB research on different scales (fundamental research to clinical trials) to academic partners, clinicans and/or industry partners.
- Collecting and providing information about EB research going on worldwide (active and completed).
- Providing a platform to exchange ideas and knowledge.
- Connecting patients with industry to improve clinical trial designs and results.
- Looking for strategic partners to drive clinical translation.