The EB Expert Panel
The Medical and Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP) was first created by DEBRA International more than 30 years ago. Its members are senior EB researchers and clinicians who jointly reflect the breadth of EB research. Most of its members are part of the EB Expert Panel - a pool of senior EB experts. This panel works to act as guardian of scientific quality and relevance to people with EB of the research that EB-ResNet funds. Research funded by EB-ResNet members is reviewed by this panel which is central to maintaining our reputation as a research funder among the academic and clinical research community, bioindustry, and research sponsors and donors.
EB Expert Panel (MSAP) AP call 2019
The panel has an advisory role in relation to EB-ResNet member organisations which support research, but has no executive role in any of EB-ResNet's member organisations. All members of the EB Expert Panel work according to EB-ResNets terms of reference.
Whenever a 'special' call is launched for research proposals in a specific area of clinical or research need, or in case of for proposals requiring more extensive or alternative evaluation, additional people with the required specialist knowledge relevant to that call may be invited to join the EB Expert Panel.
- Prof. Thomas Magin (Germany), Co-Chair
- Prof. John Marshall (UK), Co-Chair
- Prof. Jo-David Fine (USA), Deputy Chari
- Prof. Cristina Has (Germany)
- Prof. Adrian Heagerty (UK),
- Prof. Veli-Matti Kähäri (Finland)
- Prof. Fernando Larcher (Spain)
- Prof. Fulvio Mavilio (France)
- Prof. Jemma Mellerio (UK)
- Prof. Guerrino Meneguzzi (France)
- Prof. Carien Niessen (Germany)
- Dr. Agnes Schwieger-Briel (Switzerland)
- Prof. Lydia Sorokin (Germany)
- Prof. Eli Sprecher (Israel)
- Prof. Jouni Uitto (USA)
- Prof. Giovanna Zambruno (Italy)
- Dr. Rainer Riedl, Patient Representative (Austria)
last updated: 2020