The EB Expert Panel - Medical and Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP)
The Medical and Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP) was created by DEBRA International more than 30 years ago. Its members are senior EB researchers and clinicians who jointly reflect the breadth of EB research. Most of its members are part of the EB Expert Panel - a pool of senior EB experts. This panel works to act as guardian of scientific quality and relevance to people with EB of the research that EB Resnet funds. Research funded by EB Resnet members is reviewed by this panel which is central to maintaining our reputation as a research funder among the academic and clinical research community, bioindustry, and research sponsors and donors.
The panel has an advisory role in relation to EB Resnet member organisations which support research, but has no executive role in any of EB-ResNet's member organisations. All members of the EB Expert Panel (MSAP) work according to EB Resnets/DEBRA International's terms of reference.
Whenever a 'special' call is launched for research proposals in a specific area of clinical or research need, or in case of for proposals requiring more extensive or alternative evaluation, additional people with the required specialist knowledge relevant to that call may be invited to join the EB Expert Panel.
Current MSAP members
Prof. Thomas Magin (University of Leipzig, Germany), Co-Chair
- Prof. John Marshall (Queen Mary University London, UK), Co-Chair
- Prof. Jo-David Fine (Emeritus Professor Vanderbilt University, USA), Deputy Chair
- Prof. Cristina Has (University of Freiburg, Germany)
- Prof. Adrian Heagerty (University Hospitals Birmingham, UK)
- Prof. Veli-Matti Kähäri (University of Turku, Finland)
- Prof. Fernando Larcher (CIEMAT-CIBERER, Madrid, Spain)
- Prof. Fulvio Mavilio (University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy)
- Prof. Jemma Mellerio (St John's Institute of Dermatology, London, UK)
- Prof. Guerrino Meneguzzi (ADSM - Association for the Development of Medical Sciences, Faculté de Médecine, Nice, France)
- Prof. Carien Niessen (University of Cologne, Germany)
- Dr. Agnes Schwieger-Briel (Universitäts Kinderspital Zürich, Schwitzerland)
- Prof. Lydia Sorokin (University of Münster, Germany)
- Prof. Eli Sprecher (Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Israel)
- Prof. Jouni Uitto (Thomas Jefferson University, USA)
- Prof. Giovanna Zambruno (Bambino Gesù Children’s Hospital, Italy)
- Dr. Rainer Riedl (Patient Representative, Austria)