External funding opportunities
On this page, EB-ResNet provides information on external funding possibilities. We do not intend to give a complete overview of funding possibilities but display interesting calls and information about other funding sources relevant for persons involved in EB research.
Upcoming and current external calls
INNOVATIVE MEDICINES INITIATIVE: IMI-2 - Call 20
"Research Projects on Personalised Medicine - Pre-/Clinical research, Big Data and ICT, Implementaion and User's Perspective"
Most interesting Topics
Call for proposals will be launched: 21 January 2020
Submission for pre-proposals: 21 April 2020
FFG - Austrian Research Promotion Agency
Dr. Astrid Hoebertz: email@example.com
!!! Please note: More interesting calls will be launched on 23 June 2020, such as
- Clinical outcomes assessments for rare diseases
- Real-world clinical implementation of liquid biopsy
AFM TELETHON 2020 call
AFM TELETHON supports research into gene and/or cell therapy of rare disorders, through Postdoctoral Fellowships, PhD Fellowships and Research grants.
This International Call for Proposals is open to both French and foreign teams:
Call: "Development of therapeutic approaches for rare genetic diseases."
1 Gene and/or cell therapy for rare genetic disorders
- Breakthrough innovation
- Gene transfer and gene correction
- Genome editing
- Genetically modified cells
- Development of delivery strategies
- Control of the immune response (auto-immunity, anti-vector and anti-transgene responses, etc.)
2 Strategies for modifying gene expression both at the gene and RNA level
Projects based on gene transfer, chemical molecules or biotherapies
For new applications for Research Grants, Trampoline Grants and Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Deadline for submission of applications: 21 January 2020.
- Results: mid-July 2020.
For new applications for PhD fellowships:
- Deadline for submission of applications: 7 April 2020
- Results: July 2020
European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases (EJP RD) – Joint Transnational Call 2020
Call: “Pre-clinical research to develop effective therapies for rare diseases"
To build a collaboration (4-6 eligible principal investigator partners) on a common interdisciplinary research project based on complementarities and sharing of expertise, with a clear benefit for patients.
- Development of novel therapies in a preclinical setting (including small molecules, repurposing drugs, cell and gene advanced therapies)
- Use of disease models suitable for medicinal product’s development
- Development of predictive and pharmacodynamics (PD) biomarkers in a preclinical setting
- Proof of principle studies fostering an early (pre-clinical) stage of drug development
Pre-proposal: 12 February 2020
Full proposal: 16 June 2020
Phone: +43 (1) 505 67 40 82 01
Worldwide Cancer Research (WWCR)
This yearly funding opportunity supports novel and innovative basic, fundamental and translational research into prevention, diagnosis or treatment of cancer.
Restrictions: WWCR do NOT support clinical research, including clinical trials, patient care, nursing or healthcare delivery research, policy, public health or psychosocial research.
Submission deadline 7 April 2020
The maximum Budget is £250,000, however, most of the three-year grants awarded have a budget below £200,000.
12 to 36 months
Eligibility criteria: https://www.worldwidecancerresearch.org/for-researchers/our-funding-criteria/