Special Ad-Hoc Call 2022 'Repurposing drugs for EB'
underwritten by EB Resnet member DEBRA Austria
In addition to the AP Call 2022, EB Resnet member DEBRA Austria has agreed to provide an additional funding stream to support proof-of-concept projects aimed at exploring possible repurposing opportunities that tackle some of EB’s unmet medical needs.
This is a one-stage application process with an opening on Wednesday, June 01, 2022.
The submission deadline for applications is Tuesday 06 September 2021 at 15:00 hrs GMT.
- Research proposals must be submitted via our online system.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query can not be answered based on the information provided by the system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions before completing an application form.
- If you are applying for an extension (one year maximum) to an existing EB Resnet/DEBRA research grant, please contact us.
- Research Proposals will be reviewed by external reviewers.
- After external peer review, applications will be prioritised for funding according to their scientific quality, robustness of preliminary pre-clinical and/or clinical data suggesting possible benefit for EB patients, feasibility and potential for being translated into the clinic.
- The final funding decision will be at the discretion of EB Resnet members. It is anticipated that funding decisions will be made in November and December 2023 (date TBC).
Unmet medical needs to be addressed
- Chronic inflammation and fibrosis
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC)
- One of the defined unmet medical needs has to be targeted.
- Between 3 months and 6 months' duration.
- It is expected that funding requests would not exceed EUR 40,000 (6 months); however, funding in excess of these amounts may be allowed if considered by EB Resnet members to be adequately justified in the grant application, and subject to funding availability.
- Proof-of-concept projects or pilot studies preparing for a clinical trial aimed at exploring possible repurposing opportunities that tackle EB’s unmet medical needs.
Funding will prioritise molecules under patent or generic drugs undergoing clinical or late-preclinical testing supported by strong safety and efficacy data in indications where targeted pathways provide a robust rationale for their exploration in the context of EB.
- Currency may be USD, EUR or GBP; contracts will be issued in USD, EUR or GBP for a binding amount.
- EB Resnet members welcome proposals for co-funding with other organisations, including government, academia, industry or other charities.
- We will not, however, fund generic technology development costs not closely related to a specific EB therapeutic approach.
- If in doubt about whether your application would be eligible, please contact Dr. Gaston Sendin, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, before submitting a full application.
EB Resnet anticipates holding a follow-on Call for larger-scale projects and possible clinical trials on the same theme in 2023; in some cases, the current special Ad-hoc Call is expected to enable researchers to build the foundations for applications to the 2023 Call.
If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query is not answered in the information provided in the online system, please contact email@example.com.