All Priorities Call 2020
(launched by EB Resnet members DEBRA Austria & DEBRA UK)
This is a one-stage process of application and opened on 31. January 2020.
The submission deadline for applications is 6 April 2020 at 15:00 hrs GMT.
- Research proposals must be submitted via our online system.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query can not be answered based on the information provided by the system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions before completing an application form.
- If you are applying for an extension (one year maximum) to an existing DEBRA research grant, please contact us.
- Research Proposals will be reviewed by external reviewers and members of EB-ResNet's EB Expert Panel (EBEP) on 29 June 2020.
- Recommendations for funding made by EBEP at a grant review meeting will then be considered by EB-ResNet members' Boards of Trustees.
- Subject to funding availability, allocation of funds will recognise equal prioritisation of the research areas, while adhering to the core principle of funding the best research, identified by EBEP as meeting the criteria of scientific quality, feasibility, and patient benefit.
- The final funding decision will be at the discretion of EB-ResNet members. It is anticipated that funding decisions will be made in July and August 2020 (date TBC).
Current research priorities
- Improving understanding of EB biology to create new concepts for diagnosis and treatment.
- Developing disease-modifying and curative therapies.
- Preventing and curing severe disease consequences: chronic wounds, fibrosis, and cancer.
- Improving clinical care and symptom relief through research.
- One of the defined priority research areas.
- Between 6 months and 3 years' duration.
- It is expected that funding requests would not exceed €90K per annum; however, funding in excess of these amounts may be allowed if considered by EB-ResNet members to be adequately justified in the grant application, and subject to funding availability.
- Currency may be USD, EUR or GBP; contracts will be issued in USD, EUR or GBP for a binding amount.
- EB-ResNet members welcome proposals for co-funding with other organisations, including government, academia, industry or other charities.
- We will not, however, fund generic technology development costs not closely related to a specific EB therapeutic approach.
- If in doubt about whether your application would be eligible, please contact Dr. Gaston Sendin, email@example.com, before submitting a full application.
If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query is not answered in the information provided in the online system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.