All Priorities Call 2019
(launched by DEBRA International)
This is a one-stage process of application.
The submission deadline for online applications is 18 March 2019 at 17:00 GMT.
- Research proposals must be submitted via our online system.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query is not answered in the information provided in the system, please contact gaston.sendin(at)debra-austria.org.
- Please read the Terms and Conditions before completing an application form.
- If you are applying for an extension (one-year maximum) to an existing DEBRA research grant, please complete the application form for grant extensions. You will find the necessary document in the Grant Extension box on the left.
- Research Proposals will be reviewed by external reviewers and members of DEBRA International's Medical & Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP) in June 2019 (date TBC). Recommendations for funding made by MSAP at a grant review meeting will then be considered by DEBRA's Boards of Trustees.
- Subject to funding availability, allocation of funds will recognise an equal prioritisation of the research areas, while adhering to the core principle of funding the best research, identified by MSAP as meeting the criteria of scientific quality, feasibility and patient benefit.
- The final funding decision will be at the discretion of DEBRA International. It is anticipated that funding decisions will be made in July 2019 (date TBC).
Current research priorities
- Improve our understanding of the biology and genetics of all forms of EB, as better understanding can lead to new approaches to diagnose and treat EB.
- Work towards the development of therapies (including possible gene-therapies, cell-therapies, drug therapies or protein therapies).
- Understand the nature of wound healing and the development of skin cancer in EB, and seek to develop better treatments and prevention strategies.
- Support clinical care research to improve the management of EB through symptom relief.
- One of the defined priority research areas.
- Between 6 months and 3 years duration.
- It is expected that funding requests would not exceed €90K per annum; however, funding in excess of these amounts may be allowed if considered by DEBRA to be adequately justified in the grant application, and subject to funding availability.
- Currency may be USD, EUR or GBP; contracts will be issued in USD, EUR or GBP for a binding amount.
- DEBRA International welcomes proposals for co-funding with other organisations, including government, academia, industry or other charities.
- DEBRA will not, however, fund generic technology development costs not closely related to a specific EB therapeutic approach.
- If in doubt about whether your application would be eligible, please contact Dr Clare Robinson, DEBRA International Head of Research clare.robinson(at)debra-international.org, before submitting a full application.
If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query is not answered in the information provided in the online system, please contact gaston.sendin[at]debra-austria.org.