All Priorities Call 2021
This year's AP Call is launched by DEBRA Austria and supported by DEBRA International.
This is a one-stage process of application and will open on 7 June 2021.
The submission deadline for applications is 13 September 2021 at 15:00 GMT.
- Research proposals must be submitted via our online system.
- If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query can not be answered based on the information provided by the system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions before completing an application form.
- If you are applying for an extension (one year maximum) to an existing EB-ResNet/DEBRA research grant, please contact us.
- Research Proposals will be reviewed by external reviewers and members of EB-ResNet's EB Expert Panel (EBEP)/Medical and Scientific Advisory Panel (MSAP) in December 2021.
- Recommendations for funding made by EBEP/MSAP at a grant review meeting will then be considered by EB-ResNet members' Boards of Trustees.
- Subject to funding availability, allocation of funds will recognise equal prioritisation of the research areas, while adhering to the core principle of funding the best research, identified by EBEP/MSAP as meeting the criteria of scientific quality, feasibility, and patient benefit.
- The final funding decision will be at the discretion of EB-ResNet members. It is anticipated that funding decisions will be made in January and February 2022 (date TBC).
Current research priorities
- Improving understanding of EB biology to create new concepts for diagnosis and treatment.
- Developing disease-modifying and curative therapies.
- Preventing and curing severe disease consequences: chronic wounds, fibrosis, and cancer.
- Improving clinical care and symptom relief through research.
- One of the defined priority research areas.
- Between 6 months and 3 years' duration.
- It is expected that funding requests would not exceed EUR 90,000.00 per annum; however, funding in excess of these amounts may be allowed if considered by EB-ResNet members to be adequately justified in the grant application, and subject to funding availability.
- Currency may be USD, EUR or GBP; contracts will be issued in USD, EUR or GBP for a binding amount.
- EB-ResNet members welcome proposals for co-funding with other organisations, including government, academia, industry or other charities.
- We will not, however, fund generic technology development costs not closely related to a specific EB therapeutic approach.
- If in doubt about whether your application would be eligible, please contact Dr. Gaston Sendin, email@example.com, before submitting a full application.
Submissions are open from 7 June 2021.
If you are experiencing any technical problems or your query is not answered in the information provided in the online system, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.